No, I'm not talking about either. It's about you.
There are two type of people.
1) The wolf-pack kind
2) King of the jungle
Let's talk about both of these one by one....
1) The Wolf-Pack
Most of you will agree that today's world is nothing but a jungle...
Some people perform and feel comfortable in teams and these are the people who prefer a wolf-pack strategy to survive in our modern jungle, they associate themselves to a great team and this team then becomes un-beatable. If they win - They all win, if they fail - They all fail. This team becomes such a great challenge that most of their competitors either stay away or they themselves have to become a wolf-pack before taking this pack head-on. In such cases, the better the pack, the better the chances of survival in our modern jungle. This kind of people are mostly attracted by the hard-work, dedication and team spirit of others, they strive to become one of the pack and find a place for themselves in the ranks of this pack. Example: Doctors working in the largest hospital chains, Auditors working with Big4, etc.
The pros of wolf-pack mentality:
1) Instant multiplication of power (One for all and all for one)
2) Clear path to follow (You already know what lies ahead)
3) Idol to follow (I want to be like him, I want to become that person)
4) The better the pack, the more the respect (This team always delivers)
5) No lone struggle, always someone to hold on to (We are in this together)
The cons of wolf-pack mentality:
1) Can't take initiative (Team doesn't approve this, please refrain)
2) Creativity is seldom appreciated (That sounds great but what's in it for all of us?)
3) Why should I be the only one all the time (If others are not working, why should I?)
4) We are the best (Competition is curtailed to keep the team happy)
5) We are content (This thing might do wonders on the personal level but it kills on the professional level)
2) The king of the Jungle
This type of people believe in doing things on their own, as there is no team to support, you are totally on their own, winning is tough here. Nobody will come to your rescue, either you win or you lose. Win and the world might support you, fail here and you are back from where you started. Once you succeed, you leave all others behind, nobody is there to share your credit with, there is no brand standing behind you, if you succeed here, you become the real king of the modern jungle. Patience is key in this strategy, only mentally strong people who can live a life devoid of all pleasures can survive with this mentality. The kind of people most attracted to this mentality are thinkers, dreamers and those who are NOT satisfied with the average Joe and Jane lifestyle. These people take risks and most of the times these risks don't get through, most of the times these people FAIL. Those who succeed, they rule the jungle, those who fail are left in oblivion either to keep on trying for the rest of their lives or to die a failure, a nobody. There is huge risk associated with this strategy and mentality. Example: Innovators, Artists, Leaders like Warren Buffet or Bill Gates.
The pros of The king of the jungle mentality:
1) You decide your fate (Either I win or I fail, only I will be responsible)
2) Better time management (You decide what to do, when to do, how to do?)
3) Can change the rules of the game (If you succeed, people will imitate you, you lead, they follow)
4) Working at your own tempo (I will work day and night or I won't work today at-all)
5) Plenty of options to evaluate, plenty of ways to try things (I will do it differently, maybe this will work better?)
The cons of The king of the jungle mentality:
1) You own the 100% risk (Did you just fail? That's your own doing)
2) Team players (people with wolf-pack mentality) will avoid you, they will never accept you (He is a loner, don't know in which world he lives?)
3) No clear path to follow (What should I do?)
4) Hardly any support available (Sorry, we can't help you "or" you are on the wrong path, please amend your ways)
5) Way too much work (I am the creator, I am the marketer, I am the accountant, I am the expert, wow!)
Which one are you? Select wisely.... It will define your life!